2019 Yamaha VF150XA
Introducing the all-new 2013 2.8L four-stroke VF150 VMAX SHO. Weighing in at just 480 pounds this compact high-performance powerhouse boasts an amazing hole shot while maintaining incredible fuel efficiency.
Unbeatable Reliability: The V MAX SHO® VF 150's Cowling Drain System and Air Intake Labyrinth System trap and drain water that enters the cowling during normal operation.
Quiet Power And Performance: The four-stroke, four-valve-per-cylinder V MAX SHO® 150 is able to maximize combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quite power and performance.
Tournament Toughness: The four-stroke V MAX SHO® VF 150 has a gearcase featuring specially hardened pinion, forward and reverse gears for increased reliability.
- Great Hole Shot, Acceleration And Top Speed: The new V MAX SHO® 150 uses Yamaha's Variable Camshaft Timing System (VCT) for hole shot and acceleration that is noticeably quicker than that of the F150 and equal to that of the two-stroke VZ 150 HPDI.
- Smooth: The 2.8-liter, four-cylinder powerhead employs double-overhead cams, four valves per cylinder and counterbalance shafts for extra smooth performance.
- Fuel Efficient: The four-stroke V MAX SHO® 150 offers fuel consumption that is 30 to 40 percent better than that of traditional carbureted two strokes.
- Extra Space: Because it's a four-stroke, there's no need for an external oil tank with the V MAX SHO® 150. That's a savings of approximately 23 pounds - that means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and other items.
- Easy Rigging: The new four-stroke V MAX SHO® 150 has mechanical control for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats; with a choice of analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- Propping Flexibility: Uses Yamaha's new V MAX SHO® Series of propellers, which now offer single-inch pitches for more "dialed in" performance. new 22-inch and 23-inch pitches available soon.
- Better Charging: A powerful 50-amp alternator offers 11 percent more power than that of the VZ150 HPDI.
- Powerful Good Looks: The V MAX SHO® looks every bit the part of V MAX,® with a special paint scheme and exhaust that sets it apart from lesser outboards.
- Reliability: Based on proven Yamaha four-stroke, marine-specific architecture and years of solid performance.
- Weight: At 480 pounds,* the four-stroke V MAX SHO®150 weighs just 12 pounds more than Yamaha's two-stroke VZ150. That, alone, is amazing. Once you consider the weight of the oil tank, the V MAX SHO®150 weighs about the same on the boat as the VZ150. What's more, not having an oil tank frees up space in the boat.
- Yamaha's Variable Camshaft Timing: System advances and retards the angle of the intake camshaft to dramatically increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-rpm ranges. This feature helps the four-stroke V MAX SHO® 150 generate the kind of performance that you expect from traditional two-stroke outboards.
- Engine Type: In-Line Four-Cylinder
- Displacement: 2785cc (170 ci)
- Bore & Stroke: 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79 in.)
- RPM Range: 5,000-6,000
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Induction System: EFI (DOHC) with variable camshaft timing (VCT)
- Alternator Output: 50 Amps
- Fuel Delivery: Multi-point electronic fuel injection
- Starting: Electric w/PTT
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Degree of Trim/Tilt: -4 deg. through +16 deg.
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Gear Shift: F/N/R
- Gear Ratio: 28/14 (2.0:1)
- Recommended Fuel: Midgrade Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 89)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube 4-M
- Oil Capacity: 4.5L/4.3L w/without filter
- Shaft Length: 25" (X)
- Dry Weight: 218 kg (480 lb.)
- Engine Type
- In-Line Four-Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 96 x 96.2mm (3.78 x 3.79 in.)
- 2785cc (170 ci)
- Electric w/PTT
- Shaft Length
- 25 in.
- 218 kg (480 lb.)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 28/14 (2.0:1)
- Fuel Induction
- EFI (DOHC) with variable camshaft timing (VCT)
- 50 Amps
- Thermostatic Control