2019 Honda CRF250F
Engine & Drivetrain
- Effortless directional changes on the fly: Effortless directional changes on the fly Unique 4-valve Unicam cylinder head has very compact dimensions, allowing it to be ideally placed for excellent mass centralization. This helps make it even easier for a rider to change direction, on the ground or in the air.
- Even more power: Increased cam lift, new titanium exhaust valves, new valve springs, and updates to cylinder-head porting, piston shape and connecting-rod shape, add up to an engine that’s more powerful than ever.
- Programmed for power: The Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system has new mapping to take full advantage of the upgraded engine components.
- Engine Mode Select button: The CRF250R’s Engine Mode Select (EMS) system lets you modify fuel-injection and ignition mapping with the simple push of a handlebar-mounted button - perfect for dialing in the best power curve for better starts, better drive out of corners, better traction, or simply to better suit your riding style. Modes two and three can even be fine-tuned using the optional HRC setting tool. Mode selection is easily accomplished without changing the rider's hand position or shutting down the engine (as long as the engine is idling).
- Improved air and exhaust flow: The air-intake tube has been revised and the mufflers feature larger outlet diameters for improved breathing and flow, which has increased top-end power.
- Keeping cool: Larger radiators handle the output from the more powerful engine, and further enhance the CRF250R’s renowned reliability.
Chassis & Suspension
- Excellent feel & feedback: Twin-spar aluminum chassis offers the benefit of a low centre of gravity with excellent feel and feedback. Designed to work in concert with the Showa air fork and the Honda Progressive Steering Damper, the chassis combines excellent stability with right-now turning precision.
- Precise handling: The Honda Progressive Steering Damper allows more-aggressive chassis geometry for quicker steering, while also assisting straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Improved air fork: The inverted Showa air fork designed specifically for the CRF250R includes a number of clever innovations. By separating air-spring and damping functions between left and right fork legs respectively, overall weight balance from left to right is improved when the weight of the brake is included. The left fork with its air spring not only offers reduced weight, but its three-chambered design allows separate adjustment of ride height and "spring" rate. Together these innovations result in reduced weight, improved balance, superior suspension action and simplified adjustability.
- Full adjustment: Pro-link rear Showa suspension offers full damping adjustability and over 12 inches of smooth, well-controlled travel.
- Stop hard: A full 260 mm in diameter, the wave-style front brake rotor offers excellent stopping power plus superior lever feel.
- Better grip: Dunlop MX52 tires offer excellent traction in a wide variety of conditions.
- Move freely: Optimized rider ergonomics with a very narrow midsection allow you to move freely on the bike and fully utilize the CRF’s incredible agility.
- Easy to adjust: Quick-adjust clutch perch simplifies cable adjustment.
- Reduced rider fatigue: Aluminum handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Comfort paired with control: Wide, long footpegs offer greater support for more comfort and control.
- Preventative indicator: The engine stop switch with integrated LED indicator lets you know if the PGM-FI system is working properly.
- Simplified maintenance: The design of the fuel hose connector simplifies maintenance.
- Connectivity simplifies setup: Optional HRC setting kit includes an easy-to-use programming system with precise data for setting up the machine to meet all race situations. Ignition timing and fuel mapping settings can be uploaded by connecting the motorcycle to a computer and following simple step-by-step instructions. The system radically simplifies the setup process and makes tuning accessible to a wide spectrum of riders. Connection is simple with only one connector and no need to remove the fuel tank.
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & stroke: 76.8 mm x 53.8 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.8:1
- Valve train: Unicam, 4-valve
- Fuel delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
- Final drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
- Front suspension: 49 mm inverted Showa SFF-Air fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability 310 mm (12.2 in.) travel
- Rear suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustment, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 313 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 80/100 - 21 Rear: 100/90 - 19
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm disc
- Ground clearance: 322 mm (12.7 in.)
- Seat height: 951 mm (37.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,489 mm (58.6 in.)
- Curb weight: 104.9 kg (231 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel capacity: 6.3 litres
- Colour: Extreme Red
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single-Cylinder 4-Stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76.8 mm x 53.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- 49 mm inverted Showa SFF-Air fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability 310 mm (12.2 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 80/100 - 21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustment, and compression damping adjustment separated in.to low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 313 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- 100/90 - 19
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 104.9 kg (231 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.3 L
- 1,489 mm (58.6 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 322 mm (12.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 951 mm (37.4 in.)
- Close-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/49T
- Extreme Red