One of the industry's best-selling mini-bikes, the PW50 is a fantastic entry-level bike designed to help young riders learn the ropes at an affordable price.
Engine: Air-cooled, 49cc, reed-valve, 2-stroke single is mildly tuned to deliver predictable power that gently eases the new rider up the off-road learning curve.
Rider Confidence: Class-lowest 485mm (19.1") seat height creates a handling-enhancing low centre of gravity and allows most riders to put both feet on the ground for added confidence.
- Air-cooled, 49cc, reed-valve, 2-stroke single is mildly tuned to deliver predictable power that gently eases the new rider up the off-road learning curve.
- Mikuni VM12SC carb: easy access handlebar / dash mounted choke lever; good fuel economy; crisp throttle response
- Reed-valve intake system: smooths power delivery; widens the power band
- Single-speed fully automatic transmission: twist the throttle & go operation; allows young riders to concentrate on the basics of riding without worrying about clutching & shifting
- Shaft drive system: virtually maintenance-free; comes fully enclosed for added protection & durability; no chain to worry about adjusting or lubricating
- Exclusive Autolube Oil Injection System: eliminates the need & hassle of fuel/oil premixing; system precisely meters the exact amount of oil required by the engine
- Easy access, washable foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Lightweight, exhaust system with heat shields: quiet design; exhaust pipe has been routed away the from the rider to avoid accidental contact burns; "cleanable" screen-type spark arrestor; heat shields protect young riders from hot components
- Rugged steel backbone-type frame
- Class-lowest 485mm (19.1") seat height: creates a handling-enhancing low centre of gravity; allows most riders to put both feet on the ground for added confidence
- 22mm telescopic front fork with 60mm (2.4") of travel smooths out the bumps.
- Dual rear shock suspension with 50mm (2") of wheel travel
- Front and rear drum brakes: provide strong stopping power; hand-operated brake levers are similar to those used on bicycles for familiarity
- Durable, mag-style wheels: no need to tighten or replace damaged spokes; easy to clean too!
- Knobby tires: provide good traction in the dirt
- Specially designed one-piece rear fender, side panels & seat: easily removed for cleaning or maintenance
- Rugged plastic body components: resist damage in the event of a tip-over; YZ inspired front & side number plates for that big bike look; Team Yamaha-inspired colour & graphics
- Heat shields on engine & exhaust protect young riders from hot components.
- Adjustable speed limiter screw on throttle housing restricts acceleration & top speed.
- Removable exhaust pipe restrictor allows parents to increase top speed as skills improve.
- Start/Run switch prevents unit from moving while in the start position.
- Engine: Air-cooled, reed-valve, 2-stroke single
- Displacement: 49cc
- Bore and Stroke: 40 x 39.2mm
- Compression Ratio: 6.0:1
- Maximum Torque: 0.36kg-m (2.6 ft-lb)@ 4,500 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni VM12SC
- Ignition / Starting: CDI / Kick
- Transmission: Single-speed automatic (no clutch)
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension (Front): 22mm fork / 60mm (2.4 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Unit swingarm / 50 mm (2 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): Drum
- Brakes (Rear): Drum
- Tires (Front): 2.50-10
- Tires (Rear): 2.50-10
- Length: 1,245mm (49 in.)
- Width: 575mm (22.6 in.)
- Height: 715mm (28.1 in.)
- Wheelbase: 855mm (33.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 105mm (4.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 485mm (19.1 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 2 L (0.4 imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 39kg (86 lb.)
- Colour(s): Yamaha Blue
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet, are a must when a youngster is operating a PW50.
Every attempt has been made to showcase Canadian versions of our products, but all images, information and specifications may not be exact and are subject to change without notice. Some models may be shown with optional accessories.