2017 Yamaha F25C - 15 in. Shaft
Introducing the next-generation Yamaha F25 — now the lightest outboard in its class. Yamaha engineers have designed a truly portable 25-hp outboard. Strong, light and versatile, the powerful new F25 offers an impressive power-to-weight ratio that you can immediately feel out on the water.
Convenience: Portability and storage are easier than ever with a new comfortable carry handle design and two conveniently placed resting pads.
Precise Trolling Control: Use the Variable Trolling Speed (VTS) switch to adjust speed in 50-rpm increments simply by pushing a button on the multi-function tiller handle. VTS also functions with Command Link gauges.
Easy Starting: No-battery-required Electronic Fuel Injection helps with easy starting in cold weather or after long storage, while also reducing the impact of ethanol-laced fuel.
- Compact Power: While keeping with the two-cylinder, in-line SOHC design, Yamaha's F25C utilizes an all-new compact powerhead that displaces 432cc for powerful acceleration you can feel out on the water.
- Comfortable Handling: The F25C's multi-function tiller handle has a forward-mounted shift control within easy reach of the driver, as well as a large throttle twist-grip for added comfort. The tiller also provides a wide steering angle of 45 degrees in each direction for more nimble handling.
- Back Up Manual Start: For added peace of mind, the F25C offers manual back up start on all electric start models.
- Compatibility: The convenience of the new Electric Start option brings full compatibility with Yamaha's advanced Digital Network System, which includes the availability of clear, stylish gauges that offer the driver a comprehensive selection of running data and engine performance information.
- Easy Does It: An easy access hose connector on the lower cowling allows you to flush salt and dirt from the waterways without starting the engine - a quick, simple way to reduce corrosion and extend the life of your engine.
- Anti-Corrosion Protection: Yamaha's unique YDC-30 aluminium alloy protects the engine's exterior parts, while a zinc coating, high-quality stainless steel and 5-stage exterior coating offers long-lasting protection inside and out.
- Engine Type: Four stroke, In-Line 2-Cylinder
- Displacement: 432 cc (26.4 ci)
- Bore & Stroke: 65 x 65.1 mm (2.554 x 2.558 in.)
- RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction System: SOHC / 4 - valve
- Alternator Output: 16 Amps
- Fuel Delivery: Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection
- Starting: Electric (with manual back up) or manual
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Degree of Trim/Tilt: Power Trim and Tilt or Manual with 2-position shallow drive
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Cooling: Raw water, Thermostatic Control
- Gear Shift: F/N/R
- Gear Ratio: 27/13 (2.08:1)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube 4-M FC-W 10W-30 or 20W-40
- Oil Capacity: 1.1 L (1.2 US qt) — with filter
- Shaft Length: S: 15 in.
- Dry Weight: 57 kg (126 lb.)
- Engine Type
- Four stroke, In-Line 2-Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 65 x 65.1 mm (2.554 x 2.558 in.)
- 432 cc (26.4 ci)
- Electric (with manual back up) or manual
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 57 kg (126 lb.)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim and Tilt or Manual with 2-position shallow drive
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 27/13 (2.08:1) / F/N/R
- Fuel Induction
- SOHC / 4 - valve
- 16 Amps
- Raw water, Thermostatic Control