2017 Yamaha F25 - 20 in. Shaft
Our marine-specific, two cylinder, single overhead camshaft design features a new cylinder block and head to enhanced performance, durability and economy.
Better Starting: Manual-start models feature an easy grip starter knob with a built-in decompression device.
The Perfect Combination: Lightweight, compact and fuel efficient.
- Enhanced Durability: A proven 498cc two-cylinder, SOHC design features a new cylinder block and head. The pistons, connecting rods, and valves are the same as used in its F60 big brother, for added strength, responsive power and excellent fuel efficiency in a compact package.
- Greater Reliability: New electronics and a new micro-computer controlled ignition system mean dependable starting and consistent power, while an advanced air intake system drains away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation for long-term reliability.
- Responsive and Fuel Efficient Power: A streamlined intake manifold uses long tracks and smoother airflow, for reliable and responsive power with outstanding fuel efficiency.
- Smooth and Quiet: Engine exhaust is routed through a maze before exiting above the waterline through the idle exhaust relief outlet for unbelievably smooth and quiet operation.
- Choice of Controls: Tiller handle models feature improvements in strength and operator comfort, with stronger components and improved grip. Our Multi-Function tiller is also available as an option on remote control model.
- Waist Driveshaft: A specially-designed driveshaft that is narrow in the center section and thicker on each end. This helps the driveshaft to temporarily flex when the propeller strikes a hard object reducing the risk of damage.
- Engine Type: Four stroke, In-Line 2-Cylinder with counter balancer
- Displacement: 498 cc (30.4 ci)
- Bore & Stroke: 65 x 75 mm (2.56 x 2.95 in.)
- RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Induction System: SOHC / 4 - valve
- Alternator Output: 13 Amps
- Fuel Delivery: Single Carburetor with accelerator pump
- Starting: Electric or manual
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Degree of Trim/Tilt: Power Trim and Tilt or Manual with 2-position shallow drive
- Exhaust: Through Propeller. Water-cooled, Labyrinth
- Cooling: Raw water, Thermostatic Control
- Gear Shift: F/N/R
- Gear Ratio: 27/13 (2.08:1)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Oil: Yamalube 4-M FC-W 10W-30 or 20W-40
- Oil Capacity: 1.7L (1.8 US qt.)
- Shaft Length: L: 20 in.
- Dry Weight: 76 kg (168 lb.)
- Engine Type
- Four stroke, In-Line 2-Cylinder with counter balancer
- Bore x Stroke
- 65 x 75 mm (2.56 x 2.95 in.)
- 498 cc (30.4 ci)
- Electric or manual
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 76 kg (168 lb.)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 27/13 (2.08:1) / F/N/R
- Fuel Induction
- SOHC / 4 - valve
- 13 Amps
- Raw water, Thermostatic Control