Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Smooth, sophisticated ride: The 1,140 cc air-cooled DOHC engine generates impressive amounts of midrange power plus a smooth, sophisticated feel for a rewarding riding experience.
- Polished style: Polished aluminum accents on the satin black engine enhance appearance and reinforce the CB1100's high quality image.
- Excellent cold-weather starting: Thoroughly modern Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) ensures improved no choke, cold-weather startup and no-drama high-altitude riding.
- Smooth clutch operation: A hydraulically operated clutch ensures smooth clutch operation with an easy pull at the lever.
- Great sound & performance: Sweeping four-into-one exhaust system offers excellent flow characteristics and a muted but pleasing sound.
- Maintains optimum engine temperature: Large capacity oil cooler helps maintain optimum engine temperature and is reminiscent of the coolers that used to adorn superbikes.
- Easy view oil level checking: Sight glass in the clutch cover simplifies oil level checking and features an internal wiper to keep the glass clear.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Classic look with modern rigidity: Stout double downtube tubular steel chassis has the rigidity to work with modern frame geometry while retaining a classic look.
- Hi-leverage riding position: Upright hi-leverage seating position enhances the feeling of control and provides long distance comfort.
- Responsive handling: Box-section swingarm looks the part and works in concert with the stiff frame to provide responsive handling.
- Adjustable comfort for your ride: Twin rear shocks with modern internals provide a comfortable, controlled ride and are adjustable for spring preload.
- Firm but compliant suspension: Stiff 41 mm front fork has a firm but compliant feel and offers spring preload adjustability.
- Combined brake system: Dual 296 mm front disc brakes with triple-piston calipers combine with a rear 256 mm disc to provide strong stopping power.
- Anti-lock braking: Combined Anti-lock Braking System brings modern levels of safety while maintaining a traditional look.
- Traditional look – modern traction: Mag style wheels have a traditional appearance but are wide in section and are fitted with modern radial sport tires.
- Make your moves with confidence: Broad flat seat allows for maximum rider movement and the low 31.3 in. seat height increases confidence.
- Style & class: Deep rich pearl blue paint on the classically styled fuel tank is complimented by high quality Honda wing emblems.
- Information with no distraction: Analog round instruments with chrome bezels have a traditional look but are supplemented by an unobtrusive digital readout that includes, clock, gear position, twin trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel consumption indicators and odometer.
- Classic chrome: Steel front and rear fenders in gleaming chrome accentuate the classic look.
- Excellent rear view: Large rectangular chrome mirrors match the classic styling and provide an excellent view to the rear.
- Tailors to the rider: Adjustable front brake and clutch levers allow riders to tailor control spacing to their liking.
- Great storage capabilities: Posts on the under seat rails provide a convenient place to attach straps or bungee cords. Convenient under seat storage area for a u-lock.
- Simplified maintenance design: Standard centre stand simplifies maintenance. Maintenance free battery simplifies routine service.
- Let them know with lights: Hazard light switch and headlight flash to pass switch are included in the switchgear. Multi-reflector headlight produces a bright broad swath of light.
- Hard-to-miss horn tone: Powerful twin horns produce an authoritative tone.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Air-cooled inline-four
- Displacement: 1,140 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 73.5 mm x 67.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork with spring preload adjustability 107 mm (4.2 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with spring preload adjustability 89 mm (3.5 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
- Tires: Front: 110/80R - 18 radial Rear: 140/70R - 18 radial
- Brakes: Front: dual 296 mm discs with triple-piston calipers Rear: single 256 mm disc with single-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS
- Seat Height: 795 mm (31.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,491 mm (58.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 249 kg (549 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 litres
- Colour: Graphite Black
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.